I had a lot of fun with the Peachy Keen "Let's Face it Friday" challenge this week. It was a free-for-all theme and we could create anything with our face stamps. This little lemonaid girl was the result! I used the PK-640 Princess Face Assortment set. You'll want to go check out the other awesome projects HERE. Play along on the challenge for a chance to win the Cottage Cutz Pig Peeker die & stamp set. You may recall that I used this for my last PKS challenge HERE. Incidentally, Peachy Keen has a great sale going on right now right HERE.
1) For the lemonaid girl, punch out the following pieces (Stampin' Up! punches):
- 1" Circle in Blushing Bride - HEAD
- Butterfly in Blushing Bride - CHEST
- Word Window in Blushing Bride - NECK
- 4 petal flower from Itty Bitty Punch Pack in Blushing Bride - EARS
- (3) 2-Step Cupcake tops in Chocolate Chip (or other hair color) - HAIR
- 2-Step Cupcake cup and candles in polkadot print (or other DSP) - SHIRT
- Jewelry Tag - 2 each of Shimmery White and So Saffron - GLASSES
- Small Oval in shimmery white and so saffron - PITCHER
- 1/2" Circle in shimmery white - PITCHER HANDLE
2) For the lemonaid stand, cut the following pieces:
- (2) 1/2" x 5" Chocolate Chip (post backing)
- (2) 1/2" x 5" Wood Print DSP (Woodland Walk)
- 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Wood Print DSP
- 1/2" x 4" Wood Print DSP
- 1" x 4" Greenhouse Gala pear pizzazz flower print
- 3/4" x 4" Greenhouse Gala so saffron flower print
3) Cut small 4 petal flower in half for ears. Cut butterfly in half for chest. Sponge edges of all Blush Blossom pieces with blush blossom ink. Overlap butterfly halves and glue together to form chest and shoulders. Glue neck onto back of chest. Glue ears onto head. Stamp face onto head with PK-640 Princess Face Assortment stamp set (1" wide face). Add blush to cheeks with Regal Rose ink and stipple brush. Add white hilights to eyes with unibal gel pen.
4) Glue head onto neck. Glue 2 cupcake tops onto back of head for hair. Round off the top of the 3rd piece and fringe the bottom edge for bangs and glue in place Glue straps and top onto chest.
5) For lemonaid pitcher, cut off bottom of small oval. Cut top off oval in an upward curve. Cut away bottom and top of so saffron oval and glue onto pitcher. Punch a 1/2" circle in shimmery white. Line up the same punch over the punched hole and punch a crescent shape for the pitcher handle. For the glasses, cut off the tops of the jewelry tags in a concave shape.
5) For the stand, glue the 1/2" x 5" strips of wood print onto chocolate chip card stock. Sponge the edges of all wood print pieces with chocolate chip ink. Glue the 5" posts onto the back sides of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" print piece. Attach 1/2" x 4" piece onto front with dimensionals and add pitcher and glasses.
6) For canopy, cut top corners at an angle and round out edges. Punch one edge of the so saffron print with the scallop border punch. Glue onto bottom edge of canopy. Attach canopy to posts with dimensionals.
7) Glue girl onto back of stand. Punch the sign with Modern Label punch. Hand print sign with black marker.
8) For card front, cut Shimmer White card stock 4 5/8" x 5 5/8". Stamp lemon from Tart & Tangy stamp set with so saffron ink. With glue pen, trace around inside sections and outer edge of lemon and then add dazzling diamonds glitter. Mount on 4 3/4" x 5 3/4" So saffron card stock. For card base, cut 5" x 12" Pear Pizzazz and fold in half.
9) Attach lemonaid stand to front of card with dimensionals. Stamp greeting choice on inside. I suggest the greeting "Imagine the Possibilities" in the Word Play set by Stampin' Up!