Tube Box Instructions:
1) Punch 2 Stampin' Up! Fancy Flowers out of bravo burgundy cardstock. Cut 5" x 4 1/4" pirouette pink cardstock (emboss with an embossing folder of your choice, I used sizzix dots). Cut 2 strips of bravo burgundy 1" x 5". Punch the Stampin' Up! Scallop Border on the 2 strips (you may substitute a different border punch or simply leave it unpunched and change the width of the strip to 3/4"). The ricrac diecut was created with a die from Paper Trey Ink. You could use ribbon instead.
2) On the long side of the 5 x 4 1/4" cardstock, score at 7/8, 1 3/4", 2 5/8", 3 1/2", 4 3/8". Sharpen all of the score lines. Put some score tape (or sticky strip) along the 5/8" section. Form into a pentagon shaped tube and secure with the tape.
3) On the 2 fancy flower punches, use a ruler and scoring tool to score along the base of each petal to create a pentagon in the center. Sharpen the score folds. Place one on an end of the tube. The petals should lay flat against each side of the tub. Glue the petals onto the outside of the box to seal the bottom. Wrap the scallop border piece around the bottom of the tube (sharpen the edges as you wrap it around by pinching the cardstock at each corner) and glue in place.
4) For the top of the tube, you need to make a removeable top. Don't glue the petals down on each side of the tube like you did in step 4. Instead, just hold in place and apply some glue on the outside of each petal. Wrap the other scallop border piece around the tube and glue onto the petals to create the top. If you have the ricrac or ribbon, you can add that on the top and bottom caps. Decorate the removable top. Add a ribbon, button or greeting on top. I used a pink corduroy button.
5) Decorate the rest of the box. I added a strip of glittered paper 1 1/2" x 5" around the center of the tube. I used the Love Nest papers from My Minds Eye.
Need some more guidance? Check out my video here: http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/2011/04/pentagon-treat-tube-video.html
Punch Art Gingerbread Instructions:
Punch the following pieces out of creamy caramel cardstock using Stampin' Up! punches:
1 3/8" circle for the head (it will be easier to stamp the face first and then punch out the circle)
Wide Oval for the body
4 Small Ovals for the arms and legs
2 of the 1/2" circles for the hands
2 of the 3/4" circles for the feet
2 of the 1/4" circles for cheeks
For the face, stamp the face from Peachy Keen onto creamy caramel, then punch out using the 1 3/8" circle punch. Don't you just love these cute face stamps?
1) Clip away the bottom on each of the 3/4" circles to create the feet. Sponge the edges of all caramel pieces with chocolate chip ink.
2) Add some white highlights to the eyes using a white unibal gel pen. Glue 1/4" rose circles onto the cheeks. Color the nose with cherry cobbler marker. Color icing onto head with white gel pen.
3) Glue the small ovals onto wide oval to create body. Attach 1/2" circle hands onto arms with dimensionals. Attach the 3/4" circle feet onto legs with dimensionals.
4) Glue on ricrac or add icing with white unibal gel pen. Add heart to chest with dimensional. Attach head with dimensional. Attach gingerbread to the tube. I added him off center so you can see more of the box.
Want a tutorial to print? click on the link below to go to the download page