*All punches listed are Stampin' Up!
1 3/4" Circle punch - SNOWMAN BELLY
Ornament - HEAD
Small Oval punch - BOOTS
Medium Oval Punch - BOOTS & MITTENS
Modern Label - ARMS & LEGS
Large Oval Punch - HAT BRIM
Scallop Oval Punch - HAT BRIM
Full Heart Punch - HAT
Word window Punch - MITTEN CUFFS
Small Heart Punch - MITTEN
Boho Blossoms Punch - HAT
White cardstock (I used shimmery white)
Black cardstock for boots
Patterned papers for mittens and hat
Ribbon of choice for scarf
black ink pad
pumpkin pie marker
pink pirouette ink pad and sponge dauber
glue, dimensionals, crop-a-dile, bone folder, 1/8" taffetta ribbon or cording
1) Punch out 16 white 1 3/4" circles. Fold each circle in half. Use a bone folder to sharpen the folds.
2) Start with the first circle folded in half. Put adhesive on the top side and attach another circle half to it. (I recommend applying adhesive to the centers of the circles. This way, the edges will be open and you can slip the head, arms and legs between the layers)
3) Continue to glue and stack the circles together, adding only adhesive to the top of the stack. After gluing all of the circles together, you will have a stack like this.
4) When you take your finger off the stack, it will naturally want to fan out like this.
5) Glue the ends of the fan together to form a ball. This is the snowman's belly piece.
6) Punch out 4 modern labels. Glue these onto the bottom and sides of the snowman for the arms and legs. (if you glued only the centers of the circles, the edges will be open and you can slide the arms and legs between the layers). You may have to clip a little off each end of the label to get the legs and arms positioned properly.
7) For the mittens, punch 2 medium ovals, 2 small hearts and one word window. Cut the word window in half and round out the end on each half to form the cuffs. Glue the cuffs onto the bottom of ovals. Glue the heart onto the back of the mitten for the thumb. Attach mittens to arms with dimensionals.
8) Punch 2 black small ovals and 2 black medium ovals. Cut each end off of the small ovals so that the total length of the piece is 5/8". Glue onto end of leg. Cut the bottom off of medium oval and attach to foot with dimensional. Add highlight with white gel pen.
9) Punch a white ornament. Stamp the face, color the nose and add pink cheeks with a sponge dauber. Apply some glue to the neck of the ornament and slip it between the top layers of the ball (this is where the tip in step 1 comes in handy).
10) For hat brim, first punch half of the large oval. Then, line up the scallop oval over the top of that punched hole and punch the brim. Glue the full heart onto back of head. Attach brim of hat with dimensional. Clip the ends of the small oval to form a point for the hat. Attach with dimensional. Punch a boho blossom and attach to hat (you may want to add glitter to the tassle).
11) Punch a hole in top of hat and tie on a ribbon or cording for a hanger.