Good early morning everyone! Today several of my Peachy Keen sisters and crafting friends are celebrating the union of Prince William and Kate Middleton with a royal blog hop! Check out these wonderful projects featuring weddings, prince/princess, fairy tale or love. The full blog hop list of participants are below the picture. For instructions on how to make my castle, please see the details below the hop list.
BLOG CANDY ALERT!
How would you like to have a copy of my Fairytale Magic punch art class (details HERE)? Please sign up to follow me (if you haven't already) and leave a comment and I will randomly draw a winner on Sunday night. Please make sure you have an email on your profile or in your comment so I can contact you. Thanks and good luck!
The next stop on the hop is Ruthie
If you are just joining the hop here, you can jump to any of the spots from the list below:
Heidi @ http://gotscraps.blogspot.com/
Samantha @ http://samanthacasey.blogspot.com/
Ruthie @ http://septemberninth.blogspot.com/
Joanna @ http://scrap-making.blogspot.com/
Angelica @ http://www.handmadebyangelica.com/
Theresa @ http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
Instructions for Castle gift bag:
*all cardstock and punches used are Stampin' Up!
1) Cut the following pieces from Crumb Cake card stock (I used textured)
Main back section pieces - 4-1/2" x 5", 4-3/4" x 1/2"
Front entrance section pieces - 3" x 2-1/2", 3" x 1/2"
Tower section pieces - (2) 1-1/2" x 4", (2) 1-3/4" x 1/2"
2) Punch out 18 Jewelry Tags from Crumb Cake card stock and cut off the small tops. Punch 3 Large Ovals in black and cut in half. Punch 1 Large Tag in black. Punch bottom center of the front entrance section with the Extra Large Tag punch.
3) Sponge edges of all crumb cake pieces with crumb cake ink. Glue jewelry tag pieces onto back of 1/2" wide castle pieces (7 on longest one, 5 on medium sized one and 3 on each small one). Emboss pieces with Bricked embossing folder (Tim Holtz) (optional if you have the folder).
4) Attach 1/2" wide pieces onto top of section pieces with dimensionals. Glue 1/2 black oval pieces on for windows. Attach front center section onto center of main back section with dimensionals. Glue large black tag into the doorway of front center section.
5) For roof, cut 4-1/2" x 3" in Pretty in Pink. On the back side of cardstock, draw a line from lower left and right corners to top center and cut off to create triangle. Cut a narrow triangle section in Bashful Blue for center. Cut a narrow strip of black for the pole at top. Punch smallest heart from Heart to Heart in real red. Stamp greeting from Occasional Quotes on white with regal rose ink. Hand cut banner and glue onto pole.
6) Punch 10 branches from 2-Step Bird in Wild Wasabi. Punch flowers from Itty Bitty Punch pack in Pretty in Pink, Marina Mist and So Saffron. Attach branches and flowers to towers and center section. Add pearl jewels onto center of each flower.
7) Die cut clouds using My Favorite Things Dynamics die. Attach Soft Sky cardstock to front of 8 x 10 gift bag. Add strip of wild wasabi cardstock along bottom of bag for grass. Attach main castle section with strong adhesive. Attach towers with dimensionals. Add glitter to edges of clouds and flowers. Tie pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon on bag handle.