With that being said, I had to make this little card to commemorate the occasion. Isn't this set the cutest? I used the PK-151 Gingerbread Bowl set. The finished card is 5 x 7 in size.
- Stamp the image 3 times on creamy caramel (or similar) card stock with Early Espresso ink.
- Cut out the entire section of gingerbreads inside the bowl. Sponge edges with chocolate chip ink. Color the noses and tongues of the 5 gingers in the back with real red ink. Brush pink chalk onto the cheeks. Color the frosting on the one ginger with a white gel pen (or stamp on white, cut out and glue onto ginger like I did). I stamped on a piece of designer paper and cut out for the 2 scarves on the gingers in the back. You could just color it with a marker if you wanted.
- Next cut out the section of gingers that has the 6 in front from the 2nd stamped image. Sponge edges with chocolate chip ink. Color the noses and tongues of the 4 gingers in the rear with real red ink. Brush pink chalk on cheeks. Color the frosting on the one ginger with a white gel pen (or stamp on white, cut out and glue onto ginger like I did).
- Finally, cut out the 2 gingers in the very front from the 3rd stamped image. Color as in the previous steps.
- Use dimensionals to layer all of the gingers. Place middle layer onto large back layer. Place 2 front gingers onto middle layer.
- Select a designer paper for the bowl (I used the striped pattern). Stamp the entire image in black and cut out the entire image (including the gingers).
- Glue the gingers onto the bowl.
- Select a designer paper for the bowl rim and trim (I used the pink polkadot). Stamp image in black. Cut out the rim and trim pieces. Sponge edges of rim piece with regal rose ink. Glue the ric rac stripe and dots onto bowl. Attach bowl rim with dimensionals (so that the rim is even with the 2 front gingers, use a double layer of dimensionals on the rim).
PK-151 Gingerbread Bowl stamp set
Recollections "The 12 Days" paper pad (striped and pink polkadot paper)
TPC Studios "Sweet Christmas Winter Treats" paper (blue polkadot)
Creamy caramel and white watercolor card stock
Early Espresso, chocolate chip, real red, regal rose ink pads
blender pen, chalk brush, pink pastels, sponge dauber, scissors, glue, dimensionals
3/8" vanilla satin ribbon, 1" robbins egg blue sheer ribbon
**** DECEMBER ROCKS PEACH KEEN STAMPS SALE ****
IT's the end of the WORLD SALE begins NOW!
(replacing our LAST finally friday sale)
GOOD THROUGH DECEMBER 31st TEIRED DISCOUNTS and ONE GREAT GIVEAWAY TO ONE LUCKY PERSON!!
a $100.00 gift certificate will be drawn on the 2nd of January (entries will be from this sale only)
1.00 to 24.99 saves 15%
25.00 to 39.99 saves 20%
40.00 to 74.99 saves 25%
75.00 and over saves 30%!!
*** exclusions apply ***
sale items, clearanced items, gift certificates, kits and clubs are not included in this sale.
99 cent shipping USA ONLY for the entire month
DECEMBER 1st through DECEMBER 31 2012 .... YOUR ORDER NUMBER MAY BE DRAWN TO WIN A HUGE PRIZE PACK!! OUR winner will be announced on January 2nd, 2013!
HURRY! SALE ENDS SOON!